Panama’s Cougar Movement
To begin, let’s make sure we are all on the same page, here is UrbanDictionary.com definition of a “Cougar” female:
“An attractive woman in her 30′s or 40′s who is on the hunt once again. She may be found in the usual hunting grounds: nightclubs, bars, beaches, etc. She will not play the usual B.S. games that women in their early twenties participate in. End state, she will be going for the kill, just like you.”
We can trace Cougar origins back to the days when we lived in a hunter/gather society. In our more primitive days, the primary purpose of mating was to successfully reproduce in order to spread our genetic seed. For females, males that exhibited high status characteristics (Alfa males) were considered more attractive because of their perceived superior ability to provide for offspring. For males, the youth and fertility of females were an indication of the ability to provide offspring.
In that society, time would only increase a males sexual attractiveness because time allowed for him to accumulated a greater social standing in the tribe. On the other hand, time would have the opposite effect for females. Time, aka “biological clock” was a depreciating asset for female reproductivity.
Even though we live in a modern society, many of those hunter/gather human sexual thinking processes are hardwired into our brains. For example, males have the tendency to leave their older wives for younger girls. My evidence? Remember “First Wives Club“? It’s a movie entirely devoted to males leaving their wives for younger females. Need more evidence? Read this book on human sexual evolution called “Red Queen“.
However, the good news for Cougars, they’re “in” right now. They’re trendy and they are SEXY. My generation of early to late 20 year old males can’t get enough of them. I’m not sure if it’s because of the movie “American Pie” or music videos like “Stacy’s Mom“, but lately hooking up with a older woman is fashionable. Even more fashionable then hooking up with her younger daughter. In Panama, the Cougar Movement is gaining mainstream popularity among many younger males, both local and foreign.
Why young guys LOVE Cougars:
- They’ve got their shit together. They have a career and probably kids, both of which require a higher level of responsibility and accountability.
- They get straight to the point. You don’t have to play all the B.S. games like you do with girls in their early 20s. Cougars know what they want and get straight to business.
- They demand less commitment. Early on, younger girls tend to over commit in relationships. On the other hand, older women know the dating game inside and out, and will have the guys chasing them.
- They are highly experienced sexually. Years of experience definitely pays off in the bedroom.
- They’ve got plata (money). Have you heard of a sugar daddy? A sugar mama is even sweeter.
Even though cultural differences exist between Panama and the US or Europe, Cougars females still exist here for three reasons:
1. Infidelity rates are much higher here. More cheating husbands = more Cougars.
2. Latin culture typically places a high value on a female’s exterior beauty and appearance. As a result, Latina older women hold their age very well.
3. Vacationing western woman come here seeking their young, rico suave, Latino lover.
Panama City, Panama is the only place in Panama in Panama for young guys to meet Cougars. If you are looking for Cougars try one of these:
Platea; An upscale Salsa and Jazz bar in Casco Viejo. Fellas, if you are looking to meet these woman, you better bring your Salsa dance steps with you.
Decapolis; A swanky sushi/martini bar off Avienda Balboa. Although, be careful not to mistake Cougars for hookers.
Beauty Salons; Skip the barber shop on the next haircut, head to the beauty salon.
Plaza Bolivar at night; A lot of very good looking older women dining outdoors in the plaza at night in Casco Viejo.
Local Events; Events like art exhibits, pub quizzes, sushi nights, etc. always have a higher number of older, educated women. Check out EyeOnPanama.com’s events page.
Older woman dating younger men in Panama is still only a small slice of the dating pie. However, it’s growing. There’s a movement, and it is called “Panama’s Cougar Movement”.
Popularity: 22% [?]